Frequently Asked Questions
It depends; most employers in the UK agricultural industry will pay workers using piecework rates therefore the more you pick the more you earn. The current national minimum wage in the UK is £7.20 if you are 25 years old or more.
A variety of jobs are available from picking, husbandry and packing.
• AG Recruitment is a high quality and professional recruitment agency serving the UK agricultural industry.
• AG Recruitment offers a very comprehensive interview and training process for people seeking work in the UK agricultural industry.
This will ensure that you are prepared with the right expectations, knowledge and skills to be a purposeful and successful worker.
Come and see us and make up your own opinion!
• We have certification from the Romanian and Bulgarian authorities to recruit workers for employment abroad.
• We have a UK GLA licence, which is required by all agencies’ supplying labour to employers in the UK. (licence number AGRE0001)
• We are members of the ALP (Association of Labour Providers) in the UK.
• We have over 20 years experience working in the UK agricultural industry and can tell you everything you need to know about working in the UK.
All new candidates will complete an interview. The first part is a group discussion. The second part is more interactive and fun. The interview can take up to 2.5 hours.
All the participants will have preparation and training before leaving their own country.
A photocopy of your ID or your Passport along with the original document.
For more information on how to apply, please click here.
You can find the details relating to AG Recruitment’s office location and phone number on the Contact Us page on the website.
AG will be holding presentations and interviews in various cities in Bulgaria and Romania.
You will need to contact the office to get the details of recruitment costs / fees.
From 2014 UK employment law does not require employers in the agricultural sector to pay over time rates.
Most employers supply accommodation for workers to live in while they are working for them in the UK. The cost of this accommodation varies from employer to employer, however £35 is approximately what you can expect to pay per person per week, excluding gas and electricity.
No, however it will certainly help.
Particpants need to be between 18 and 45 years old.
AG offers 3 different placements from 12 weeks up to 6 months.
You will usually work five – six days per week, crop, weather and customer demand permitting.
The hours worked per week will vary with the weather and time of the year. During most weeks you should be working between 30 and 50 hours per week.
• Waterproof jacket, trousers and boots
• Sleeping bag and bedding
• ID or Passport, placement certificate
• £100 for the first week
• Alarm clock
• Strong work ethic
AG offers transport service, which includes flight and transfer from the airport to the site.